RT-300: Leg Rehabilitation System
The RT-300 offers a leg and/or arm cycle option. This machine allows you to cycle whilst positioned in your wheelchair or seated in a strong framed, well padded chair without wheels.
This machine delivers functional electrical stimulation during the active cycling part of the programme for either the arms and or legs.
Alternatively electrical stimulation could be set up for one or both legs and trunk.
The programme duration can be varied and set according to your presentation, tolerance and ability. Typically you would build up to daily 1 hour sessions, but not more than once per day. We would recommend that you start with 3 sessions weekly and build up to 5 sessions per week where applicable. Your clinician will prescribe the usage that is appropriate for you for home and clinic use.
The different muscles groups chosen for stimulation will vary dependent on your physical presentation. This machine also offers interval training modes that can be used to maximise your muscle strengthening and cardiovascular fitness.
How can I benefit from using the RT-300?
- Maintain and/or increase joint range of motion
- Aid in the prevention of joint contractures
- Improve muscle bulk and tone
- Reduce the risk of developing ischial pressure areas by improving Gluteal muscle bulk
- Improve muscle activity and function in weak muscles
- May reduce spasms
- Improve and stimulate circulation through the muscle contractions
- May promote efficient bowel and bladder function
Who can benefit from using the RT-300?
Clients who have:
- Spinal cord injury with an ASIA A, B, C or D (Paraplegia, Tetraplegia)
- Brain Injuries
- Multiple sclerosis
- Stroke, Hemiplegia
- Parkinson’s disease
- Transverse Myelitis
- Cerebral Palsy